Building an Energy Plus Community
General US Wind-Power News
- newDominion’s 2.6 GW offshore wind project wins approval, but risks–and costs–remain a worry
Virginia regulators said the Coastal Virginia Offshore Wind project can proceed, but with a performance standard to protect consumers.
- 6 hours ago 8 Aug 22, 2:15pm -
- newInflation Reduction Act: Clean energy industry cheers ‘monumental’ vote by Senate
On Sunday, Aug. 7, the clean energy industry celebrated a moment that would have seemed impossible just a few weeks earlier: the U.S. Senate passed a budget measure that includes the largest investment in clean energy and climate change in U.S. history.
- 9 hours ago 8 Aug 22, 11:42am -
- Brookfield Renewables acquires distributed generation developer for $700m
The deal is expected to add a development pipeline of 1,800 MW to Brookfield Renewable's portfolio.
- 3 days ago 5 Aug 22, 5:54pm -
- Energy storage provider Fluence adds U.S. manufacturing capacity
The company aims to get closer to key markets with the new manufacturing facility.
- 3 days ago 5 Aug 22, 3:51pm -
- Who benefits from renewable energy subsidies? In Texas, it’s often fossil fuel companies that are fighting clean energy elsewhere
Renewable energy project sales in Texas change not only who owns an asset but who reaps the benefits of lucrative incentives.
- 3 days ago 5 Aug 22, 1:43pm -
- Terabase closes $44m funding round with Bill Gates platform BEV
The company plans to use proceeds to move its robot-based solar construction platform to full commercial deployment in 2023.
- 3 days ago 5 Aug 22, 1:29pm -
- Data show how small-scale solar is shifting demand in New England
Small-scale solar is having a large-scale impact on electricity demand patterns in New England. Analysis by the Energy Department’s Energy Information Administration (EIA) showed that an increase in electricity generation from small-scale (less than 1 MW), customer-sited photovoltaic systems is ch…
- 3 days ago 5 Aug 22, 11:49am -
- Western governors launch bid to spur geothermal energy development
Western state governors have launched an initiative that they said could spur the development of additional geothermal energy resources. The Heat Beneath Our Feet initiative was announced by Gov. Jared Polis (D-CO), the incoming chair of the Western Governors’ Association. The initiative is inte…
- 4 days ago 4 Aug 22, 5:35pm -
- More than 5 GW of wind came online in the year’s first half, EIA says
Wind generation made up one-third of the 15.1 GW of generating capacity that came online in the United States during the first half of 2022, followed by natural gas, solar, and battery storage. More than 40% of the wind capacity was located in Texas: fully 2.2 GW of the 5.2 GW wind total. The larg…
- 4 days ago 4 Aug 22, 2:19pm -
- Clean energy capital markets: Certainty at last?
While the tariff fear has eased, at least for two years, how will clean energy capital markets react to newfound economic uncertainty?
- 4 days ago 4 Aug 22, 10:00am -
Retrofit for Energy Efficiency
Interesting little nuggets
Community Forest - Biomass Energy